Saturday, May 28, 2011

I love my research

I come across a lot of random places, diseases, and other things while I'm collecting the data for my project. It's quite interesting. For example:

-Note: Monkeys are not suitable pets. In case you were wondering. The bolding is theirs, not mine.

-The French claim a territory called Scattered Islands in the Indian Ocean. The Scattered Islands are all just scraps of coral, but France wants them. So do Madagascar, the Comoros, Mauritius, and the Seychelles. It seems to be more about claiming the sea around them for fishing rights, but it has to be funny to bring up any official business relating to a place that you can't be bothered to call anything other than "the Scattered Islands."

-South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands. Not a lot going on here either, just another great territory name (UK this time). 

-Giant kidney worm infection. Enough said. 

-A disease called simply Orf. No, it does not turn you into an ogre or orc, which it sounds like it should.

There have been others I'm forgetting, but just thought I'd share a few for laughs.

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment