Saturday, October 29, 2011

Welcome to France

Hello! It's been a while again. But I have a plan this time! In an effort to post more, I am starting a new series of short posts. It is going to be called WTF. Let me explain: One of my classmates, after some latest French misadventure, realized that WTF should actually stand for Welcome to France. The general feeling of the acronym remains the same, but I love Welcome to France. It's so very applicable to the life of a foreigner here. I had no idea how often I would use it when she came up with that, but whoa. So I will begin posting WTF moments for your head-shaking pleasure.  I have a few stored up! Hope you enjoy! Again, all credit to classmate. I wish I could claim the brilliance, but I can only use it.

WTF #1: It's in English---HAHA of course it's not in English! Gotcha.

One would assume, would one not, that if a film festival's program and website both listed that a movie would be in Greek with French and English subtitles, there would in fact be English subtitles, right? And if the seminar title and description are in English, the talk will be in English, right? WRONG. WTF.

1 comment: