Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Master's In Music

As much as I liked music before my master's, I became infinitely more obsessed with it during the program. My tastes were changing before I left, and I had some people in my class that have great taste in the kind of music I was gravitating towards, which was awesome. Now that the program is over I realize that certain songs will always remind me of specific semesters--the location, the people I met, the things I was doing. I love it! Here are some of my favorites from each semester:

1st Semester, Groningen (The Netherlands): All kinds of adjusting and rethinking. "Islands" by The xx (whose AMAZING concert I just saw in Asheville, NC).



2nd semester, Montpellier (France): I think it was this one, although I'm honestly not sure! Another weird semester. Not my best musical time.


3rd semester, also in Montpellier: Weird and awesome, sort of carefree and dreamy in a weird way."Hard 2 Keep" by R E A L M A G I C and "Twice (16 Bit remix)" by Little Dragon.





4th semester, Uppsala (Sweden): Work hard and play hard. The sun didn't go down much, and we didn't sleep when it did.


No comments:

Post a Comment