Sunday, May 16, 2010

Ah, Friday. And lawn mower drama.

I took last Friday off and had an awesome day! I got a cute haircut, found a cute pair of boots for $15, had a tasty lunch with my mom and brother at a new restaurant, and had a nice meeting with my high school's headmaster (in which he described my siblings and me as being very different but having a "red thread" which made us all related!). After all that, I headed to the lake house :) So excellent.

I was in such a good mood when I got there that I decided to mow the lawn with our reasonably cranky old machine. I managed to not only get it started, but to mow the front and back yards without much mishap (side note: fire ant mounds make an interesting sound and red cloud when you run over them). While I was mowing, the neighbors showed up and started doing the same. When their newer, fancy lawn mower broke down, they asked to borrow ours. All was going well until...it caught on fire! The grass clippings caught in the blades ignited. Yikes! Glad I was done by then...

No comments:

Post a Comment