Saturday, May 1, 2010

A mission!

As part of my preparations for moving to Europe, I'm working on purging all the unnecessary stuff I own. Turns out, there's a lot of it! I am a huge sucker for decorative things, and actually do want to settle down someday, just so I can have a place of my own to decorate :) No other reason really motivates me to stop moving.  Just as a side note about how I work: I moved every year in college and have moved 4 times in the last 1.5 years, and that doesn't bother me. I like being in new spaces and tend to get bored quickly with anywhere I live, particularly if I can't set it up the way I like. Another reason my European program is perfect for me-we move to a new country every six months! I do think that the urge to move constantly will go away once I find the place I really want to be, but we'll have to wait and see! I may be permanently nomadic.

But, back to my mission. I've done well with purging stuff from my apartment, mainly because I trim it down a bit more each time I move :) A lot has been pitched or given away, but I have a bad habit of moving things to my parents' house if I'm not totally sure what to do with them. That changes this week. The parents have gone to Europe, leaving me in charge of the little sister. While I am staying at the house, I'm cleaning out my junk. That is my intent. If you don't hear from me in a week, please start searching the basement, then the attic...

No comments:

Post a Comment